What Other Help Is Available?

  • If you have a cough or cold or if your child has a minor ailment your pharmacist may be able to help you
  • If you have an eye problem, you should go to an optometrist
  • If you have a dental problem, you should go to a dentist
  • If you have a foot problem, you can access our podiatry services
  • If you need to see a specialist your GP will refer you
  • If you become unwell when your surgery is closed, please dial the surgery on 020 8294 8150 as normal and your call will be transferred to the out of hours service or alternatively you may be given another telephone number to call
  • 24 hour emergency cover is provided by NHS 111

There are minor injuries units at which staff will assess and either treat a minor injury or, if they find a more serious problem, arrange for you to be transferred elsewhere. They can treat a range of injuries including sprains, burns and simple fractures.

Details of minor injury units near you can be found in the Treatment Room.